Kansas City Personal Injury Lawyer
When you have been injured by the reckless or negligent act of another person or business, your injuries could result in expensive medical bills, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket costs. But those could be the least of your problems. Your physical injuries could change your life forever, especially if you do not have the financial resources to get the medical care and treatment you need. You should not have to bear the substantial burdens caused by another person’s reckless conduct. It is only right that wrongdoers be held accountable for harms and losses they cause when they break the rules.
To effectively make a claim for compensation when you have been injured, it will always be in your best interest to contact a Kansas City personal injury attorney. Having an attorney to assist you will provide you with many advantages, including reducing your overall stress level from the accident.
When you have a Kansas City accident lawyer managing your claim, you will have the peace of mind in knowing that you will get the medical care that you need and the compensation that you deserve.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, contact the Kansas City accident attorneys at the Law Office of Kevin A. Jones today for a free and confidential consultation.
Motor vehicle collisions often result in injuries that alter our abilities to work and enjoy life. A Kansas City car accident lawyer can help you get the resources you need to recover and get your life back on track.
Commercial vehicles dominate the roadways. Unfortunately, motor carriers often put speed and profits over safety. The consequences can be catastrophic. If you were hurt, call a truck accident attorney in Kansas City to discuss your legal remedies.
Motorcyclists have every right to be on the road as other motorists. But all too often, they are seriously injured because others won’t share the road. Kevin A. Jones is an accident lawyer in Kansas City who holds road hogs accountable for their reckless driving.
The brain is the control center for the entire body. Brain injuries can cause life-altering physical and mental changes. If you had a head injury, click here to learn more about how a Kansas City personal injury attorney can help.
Human life is precious. But unfortunately, it is all too often cut short by the careless and reckless behavior of others. We are a wrongful death law firm in Kansas City, and we give closure to grieving families by holding wrongdoers accountable.
Businesses and property owners have a duty to keep their properties safe for their customers and visitors. If you were wrongfully injured on someone else’s property, call a personal injury attorney in Kansas City to discuss your rights.
Consumer Fraud Verdict
Disputed Insurance Coverage
House Fire Injury
Dangerous Sidewalk Injury
Interference With Family Burial Rights
*Disclaimer: Every case is different and must be judged on its own merits. Past results do not afford any guarantee of future outcomes. Nothing on this website should be considered advice about the value of your case or a guarantee of a particular outcome.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injuries can happen in a variety of ways. We have found that nearly all injuries fall under one or more of the following categories.
A majority of all personal injuries are the result of a car accident. According to the Kansas Department of Transportation, a car accident that involved an injury, fatality, or property damage in excess of $1,000 occurred once every 8 minutes in 2018. This adds up to 64,935 accidents in one year in the state of Kansas.
Accidents involving semi-trucks or other large commercial vehicles often result in devastating injuries for the passengers of the smaller vehicle. These injuries are often life-changing events that require extensive or life-long care.
Without the physical protections of a motor vehicle, motorcyclists often endure catastrophic injuries when involved in an accident. It is particularly important for victims of motorcycle accidents to have legal representation. Motorcycle accident claims are often unfairly disputed by the insurers.
Bicycle or Pedestrian Accidents
Similar to motorcycle accidents, victims of bicycle or pedestrian accidents do not have the same protections as those in the moving vehicle and are subject to more blunt force on impact.
Premises liability is an area of law that addresses accidents that occur on a property not owned by the victim. The two most common forms of premises liability cases are slip and fall accidents and animal attacks. However, premises liability claims may also include events like a criminal activity that led to injury and accidents involving elevators and escalators.
Medical Malpractice or Negligence
Making a claim for medical malpractice or medical negligence can become very complicated without the assistance of a Kansas City accident lawyer. Insurers for the medical industry are very aggressive about disputing claims for negligence. Hiring an attorney to manage your claim will give you the best possible chance at proving that medical negligence occurred.
Birth related injuries are generally categorized under medical malpractice. However, the serious nature of these injuries often places birth injuries in a category all of its own. Birth injuries are defined as any injuries received to the infant during and right after the delivery, as well as injuries received by the mother.
Manufacturers have a responsibility to the consumer to only release products that will not cause harm. When a defective product enters the market and causes harm, the manufacturer must be held responsible for the injuries their product has caused.
Dangerous Medications and Medical Devices
Similar to the obligations that manufacturers have to the public for general consumers, pharmaceutical companies, and manufacturers of medical devices have the same obligations to the patients that use their products.
When you are employed, you are covered by worker’s compensation insurance for any injuries that occur while you are performing your job duties. This insurance is meant to cover your medical costs and financial losses. Sadly, the insurance company often denies some forms of treatment, some forms of compensation, or the entire claim. If you have been injured on the job, you will need the assistance of a Kansas City injury lawyer to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Burn injuries can occur in many ways. Fire, hot materials, chemicals, boiling liquids, or steam can all lead to a burn injury. Burn injuries often require extensive treatments and an extended period of time to heal. It will always be in the best interest of a burn victim to seek legal representation from a personal injury lawyer Kansas City to help secure the compensation that they need for this type of injury.
Nursing Home Abuse or Injuries
Nursing homes are facilities meant to care for our frailest members of society. These care centers are trusted to provide quality service to their patients. However, these facilities are often under or improperly staffed, and the result is abuse or neglect. If your loved one has been harmed while ion the care of a nursing home, it is important to seek legal advice from a Kansas City injury lawyer.
When a negligent action of another person or business causes a person to lose their life, it is considered a wrongful death. Some family members have the right to seek compensation for the loss of their loved ones. If your loved one has lost their life as a result of an accident, you are encouraged to speak with a personal injury lawyer.
What Services Do Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys Provide?
When you have been involved in any type of accident, the insurance company covering the event must be notified. The very first thing most insurance adjusters will tell you is that they are there to help you every step of the way. Some evenly boldly tell the injury victim that they do not need a lawyer because the insurance company will “take care of everything.”
It is critical to understand that insurance companies are only interested in taking care of one thing – their bottom line. Adjusters are trained to keep the costs of any claim to a minimum, even if that means denying needed medical care because of the cost, “forgetting” some types of compensation available to the injury victim, or low-balling the value of the claim.
To protect your rights and to ensure that the insurance company places your best interests ahead of their own, you will need the assistance of a Kansas City injury attorney. Your attorney will provide you with the following services:
- Review all records from the accident. This includes accident reports, police reports, medical records, and witness statements.
- Contact witnesses and interview them about the event.
- Consult with experts about the accident and establish cause and fault.
- Consult with medical experts about your injury and your potential recovery.
- Review the terms of the insurance policy covering your accident.
- Manage all interactions with the insurance company.
- Negotiate a fair settlement for your losses.
- Take your case to trial if necessary.
What To Do If You Are Involved In Any Type Of Accident
The steps you take after an accident can have an impact on your claim for compensation. If you are involved in an accident, you are encouraged to use this guideline:
- Get yourself to safety. If you are able to move, get out of the roadway or area so you do not get hurt again.
- Make an official report. If you are involved in a vehicular accident, you will need to notify emergency services. If the accident occurs on private property, you will need to file a report with the property manager or owner. If you have been injured by a dangerous product or medicine, document the injury, seek medical care, and contact an attorney.
- Never admit fault. It is very natural for someone who has been involved in an accident to accept some of the blame for the event. Just saying “I’m sorry” could be construed as an admission of fault, even if you were just saying it out of concern and sympathy. It is best to say nothing more than you have to after an accident occurs so that anything that you do say can not be misinterpreted as an admission of fault.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if you believe that your injuries are minor, you should have a medical exam after an accident happens. Accidents are overwhelming events, and many things that are brushed off as “nerves” from the accident may actually be the signs of an injury. Headaches, nausea, and stiffness should not be viewed as something that will go away after you “calm down.” It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your health. Leaving relatively minor injuries untreated after an accident can lead to more significant injuries later on down the road.
- Follow through on all medical care. It is important to comply with all of the treatments that the doctor has given you. Missing appointments or refusing services like physical therapy can cause your claim to be denied.
- Limit posting on social media about your accident, injury, recovery, or interactions with your attorney. From the minute you file a claim, the insurance adjustor managing your case will begin monitoring social media sites to find out information to use against your case. It is imperative that you limit what you say on social media about the entire event.
- Contact a Kansas City injury attorney about your case. Your attorney will be able to help you navigate through the claim system much easier than trying to negotiate with the insurers on your own.
If you had not followed all of these steps when you were involved in an accident, don’t panic. Your attorney will help you manage all areas of your claim.